Thursday, April 12, 2012

A Typical Day To, From and In the Office

The day started early, woke up at 4:42, happy that I had 18 more minutes to sleep or lay in bed...whichever! Still the alarm startled me and I jumped out of bed so I could leave the house in time. I'm not the kind who wants to do a lot before I leave for the day so I have just 45 short minutes to get ready to go.

I was greeted with the promise of a beautiful sunrise and, oh my goodness, I still need to get my windshield cleaned.






































The moon was still out and about. I was hoping to get some of the hills in the shot, but I just put my phone up to the window and hoped for the best...had to keep my eyes on the road.






































It was smooth sailing the whole drive in. It's the one reason I get up and out so early.






































The day was uneventful. I got a lot done and happily all but one of my meetings were cancelled. Sometime during the day, renderings of our new office were put up in the hallway. We're moving in May 2012. I would have taken more pictures, but each time I would walk by someone would come up and I didn't want to feel like a weirdo. I don't mind taking picture of oddball stuff when no one I know is around because I'll never see them again so who really cares.






































Seems like this whole year the sky has been filled with big puffy clouds. Today was no exception. As I came back from lunch I ended up parking in a completely different area so I could get this picture. Who wants to go back to work when it looks like this outside? Luckily I like my job, so back inside I went.






































When I left for the day, I found a benefit of the back of the building, airplanes coming in for their landing! Since we are right next to the airport, we're within the flight path of airplanes coming in for landings. How could I not have seen this before. I was one minute too late to take the photo of the day as a s twin engine plane soared in. I waited for what seemed like 5 minutes for another plane to come down, but nothing. Mindful that every minute that passed just meant a longer commute home, I finally left with nothing to show for my trouble.

The traffic stunk on the way home. There were three accidents so it was pretty slow the whole trip. I was able to get some more pictures in. I started with some more planes coming in. With the clouds in the sky, you would see the planes coming from miles away, their silver bodies glistening in the white masses.






































Made a note to self that next time I'm in the office, I am going to get pictures of the planes coming in.







































Just for something to do as we crawled along.






































Not the best shot, but not bad considering traffic started flowing as I put the camera up and quickly snapped.






































Me talking to Matthew.






































I thought it was a good hair day.






































It was unseasonably cool. Was thinking this might be my last cup of hot cocoa of the season.







































Just in case I added a little whip and chocolate jimmies.


No comments:

Post a Comment