Monday, April 2, 2012

Reflecting on Monday

I worked hard, ALL day long. It was easier to do when I know I have the rest of the week off. Didn't finish until after 5pm (keep in mind I started at 6:40am). I fought the urge to go out and take pictures.

In the morning, I took a few quick snaps of the tealight holders I bought last month. I had thought about taking them back, but they add a spark of pretty color. I'm glad, now, that I kept them.








































At lunch time I went to Panera's just to stretch my body out. I've been hooked, hooked, on their chicken caesar salads with a baquette.








































After work was over, I went to the backyard to admire the job I did yesterday. . Yesterday, I kept pushing the furniture around and around and around, trying to find the right placement. Our patio isn't the easiest to work with. Persistence paid off. I'm really liking the new arrangement much better than before. I wanted to rush out to Home Goods to see if I could find a throw blanket pillows and new seat cushions, but I resisted the urge since I'm trying to save money.














































































Who knows what I was trying to do with this shot? Get a different overhead view of the chairs, but ended up with my body. I kind of like it, so I kept it. Well, I like it, except for the slippers. Man, I HAVE to get a life!








































It felt to be in the backyard with Belle. She used to love to climb up on the right side of the yard, up on the wall. With the backyard cleaned up, the wood that she used to use to climb up there is gone so she can't get up there on her own anymore. Every once and a while, I put her up there and she goes crazy with happiness.








































I was planning to stay home all night long, but Brie got home right before 7pm right as I was thinking of making me some waffles. Instead I went to get us some chicken and rice from El Pollo Loco (or El Pollo Slowco as I know call them). On my way there and back, I captured the glory of the evening light. The sky looked like a painting to me.







































































For the last few days, I've been questioning my persistent use of my iPhone for picture taking. I think I need to take my DSLR out more and stop being so lazy.

No comments:

Post a Comment