Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Southbound on Saturday

I was on the road by 9:02am on Saturday. I was both invigorated and exhausted at the same time, part of me wanted to drive non-stop and go back to beating my record time from Orangevale to the Heights and the other part of me wanted to stick with the program and pull off every off ramp that met my fancy. I did a little of both.

Right outside of Stockton, I saw a small farm with an off ramp that followed. I pulled off the highway, turned right off the exit, stopped the car and got out.



























I tried to move fast because I didn't want anyone coming out with a broom or a shotgun chasing me away.



























But I was determined to use my DSLR because that's what I set out to do during this trip.



























First there were cows, then a vineyard.


























It's amazing how much the landscape has changed since my last trip up north.


























During my editing process, I changed the blue sky to a brownish haze. I like the antique look, but it does change my memory.


























As I drove home, I got some more pictures from the road with my iPhone.




I even pulled off on a vista that I've passed on every trip to and from my sisters to get some pictures. There was just one lone semi truck parked in the strip of asphalt that was hidden from sight. Having seen one too many episodes of Criminal Minds, I decided to stay the safety of my car.


Thank goodness things have changed since my first drive up there. Used to be only regular fast food and truck stop cafes. Now there are three exits with In-n-Out and four or five with Starbucks. Love how you can see bug carcasses on the windshield.


At last! The grapevine!


I was so happy to see my baby girl. We went to Old Spaghetti Factory to celebrate.















No comments:

Post a Comment