Saturday, April 14, 2012

I Went Looking for Rainbows

It was a different kind of rain today. The kind with skies so gray, you almost believe it will never be blue or clear again. The kind with a steady drizzle where you start to wish that the skies would just open up and pour it all out and get it over with. It was cold too. Colder than I ever remember it being for April in California.

A little coffee in my favorite cup always helps. Mom slept late so I had to make the coffee. It makes me appreciate what she does most mornings even more.






































I stayed home most of the day. I wasn't planning to go out and take pictures, but about two hours before sunset the sun finally began to break through. Even then, I was just planning to go to the store, price a new computer and stop for coffee and write.

Instead I went looking for rainbows. Just when I was thinking that I would stop taking pictures of the sky, I was enthralled all over again, pulling over at gas stations, random streets and shopping centers and snapping pictures from behind the wheel. I really didn't care what people thought except when I went into neighborhoods. Didn't want anyone thinking I was up to no good.

When I first headed out it was still raining steadily, but within 10 minutes, it was down to a sprinkle. I must have looked like a crazy person, driving with my windows down just in case a cloud formation called my name.






No comments:

Post a Comment