Monday, April 15, 2013

2013/99 In the End

I had planned to go to the office, but when my alarm buzzed at 5am, I thought the better of it. Everything I needed to do, I could do from home, but if I stayed home today, I could see my daughter off to school and maybe if I was feeling nice, make her a PBJ sandwich before she headed off for the day. I wasn't the only one to play hooky, she wasn't feeling a 100% so she decided not to go to class.

It was a nice morning. While I worked on work, she worked on homework. We had lunch together. I kissed her as she left for work in the early afternoon, telling her I loved her as tears from the news of the day ran down my face. She hates it when I cry, but the news of what happened in Boston today was too much for me to take. After 9/11, after cancer, I've become a big bawling baby.

Once again, we are reminded of the frailty of life. Of the suddenness of death. Of rudeness of tragedy. It can be too much to bear. Or it can be reminders of us to be kinder to others, to forgive those ridiculous things that in the big scope of things are silly, to stop and say I love you.



Because in the end Love Wins. It always has. It always will.

No comments:

Post a Comment