Friday, April 12, 2013

2013/96 The Next Time

It was a long day at the office. I arrived before 6:15am and prepped myself with a cup of the dark roast. I was hoping to meet with my boss and leave before 2pm. Instead I worked through lunch, met with him at 2pm and didn't get on the elevator going down until minutes before 4pm. I had been half contemplating heading West to the beach, but since tomorrow will be action packed I thought the best of it and by the time I got to my car, I knew I was going to head straight home.

As I put my key in the engine, I looked up and there in the other side of the parking lot was a vintage VW Beetle. I've been wanting to do a photo project on vintage VW Beetles and Buses, but lately I've only seen them on the road while I've been driving or in parking lots as I've raced from one place to another. Every time I pass one in the parking lot, I question my desire, telling myself, if I were really serious, I would be in that parking lot, get out of my car and snap away.

Here was another chance. Another chance to show how serious I am. If it had been 2pm, it would have been a no brainer, but by this time it's after 4pm. On a Friday afternoon. Which mean every minute it takes me to get to the freeway could be another 5 minutes on the freeway. I pulled out of my parking space still unsure of what to do. I drove out of the parking lot, my mind made up. I drove into the other lot, pulled up to the car and snapped a few shots, never getting out of my car.








































It wasn't good enough. If I were serious, I would have gotten out of the car. Next time. Next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment