Friday, April 5, 2013

2013/90 No Photography Allowed

From the moment I first walked in the door, I fell in love. The ambience.  The decor. The fragrance of fresh coffee. How could I have walked by the place so many times without a second glance? The only thing I didn't like was the sign at the both doors which read "No Photography Allowed" And to punctuate the point, there under the verbiage was a picture of a camera with a circle around it and a giant line through it. WHAT?!?!?

I'm not normally a rule-breaker, except in the case of speed laws. Okay, maybe I've taken two donuts at work when we were asked to only take one. But I have never asked my children to say they were 10-years old when they were really 11 or 12. Or if someone gives me too much change, I give it back. But this was one rule I couldn't commit to and each time I came, I would try to intrusively take as many shots as I dared without getting called out by the photo police.

But then last week, I learned that Dripp has, of all things, an Instagram account. Does that even make any sense at all? Are they saying that sign out on their door is for real? Or is it just a big giant joke. Inquiring minds want to know because if they are seriously just kidding, I want to bring my other camera and shoot away.


No comments:

Post a Comment