Monday, April 1, 2013

2013/87 The Fool and I

All day long I've been waiting for it...the joke. If I were more clever I would have been able to think of an April Fool's joke to pull on someone. But I had nothing. All day long I was on guard, waiting for the joke to come. I would not be made the fool, but nothing came. It felt uneventful. But the reality is, most April Fool's joke are either cruel, like the time Eliz told mom I was hit by a car (I was in on the "joke") or stupid, like the time a co-worker, who should have known better, emailed her boss her resignation, which he accepted. Two weeks later, she no longer worked for the company.

I had to work late which I wasn't looking forward to, but at least that would mean that traffic would be light by the time I left work. Wrong! The joke was on me. But I had the last laugh, a beautiful sunset punctuated by the thick silver clouds in the sky.




No comments:

Post a Comment