Monday, April 22, 2013

2013/205 & 206 Slug Bug Love

Sunday, after church, it was all about the slug bugs. First I saw a beautiful orange vintage model in the church parking lot. Before I could take out my camera, the owner came up out of nowhere, putting her key in her sweet ride. She had to be in her mid-sixties, with the energy one would expect for the owner of a beetle. "I love your car", I told her. "Thank you", she smiled at me, "I love it too". It was evident in the way the car sparkled and shined.

I watched from my rear view, wishing I had asked her if I could take a picture of her and her car. I vowed to myself that I wouldn't let another chance slip away. Thus, I stopped at Best Buy to take a few shots of the Geek Squad Bugs. I did a U-turn on busy Harbor Blvd to take some shots of a maroon slug bug that I've passed at least twenty odd times.

But the best find was at a classic car showroom that I've never ever noticed before. There as I drove by were two bright shiny vintage cars for sale. My car almost stopped in its track.






































After all of that I can't believe that today, I let an opportunity pass me by. I let the pressure of fear and others get to me and when I saw an ugly, but obviously storied bug come into my path, I took the lazy way out. Instead of getting out of my car, I took a picture across the passenger seat. When I saw the shot after I got home, I was kicking myself. If I make the same mistake again, I don't deserve to have a camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment