Thursday, May 3, 2012

Picture Black and White

After much internal debate, first thing this morning, I joined Tracey Clark's class, Picture Black and White. I was sitting on the fence, biding my time in making a decision, but after converting some pictures I recently took to black and white and loving the results and after reading Tracey's post on Kim Klassen's blog yesterday, I jumped off and am diving right in.

Today's lesson is on lines...often we look for them, they draw our eyes into or across the photo. I was a bit stumped. What to do? What to do? I drove to Old Orange, planning on taking a picture of the Angel Motel in B&W, but not sure since that doesn't really have lines.

I ended up at the train station that I've always driven by. I was so happy. And I love the pictures in B&W better than in color. Love the timelessness of them. Love the lines. Love the stark contrast. Love. Love. Love.









1 comment: