Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Cha Cha Cha

It was a gray day today. Gray from the moment the morning began, gray at lunchtime, gray on the drive home. Gray, gray, gray. I think the point is made. I didn't feel gray inside. Didn't really have the time, but I wasn't inspired to take hardly a picture today.

As I was reflecting on the day, I thought to myself, "I only took one picture today". But when I pulled out my cellphone, I found that I had forgotten about my first shot. It wasn't worth remembering, no wonder I forgot about it. I wasn't even going to post the picture, let alone write about it, but here I sit finding myself doing exactly the opposite of what I told myself I was going to do.

I took this as I sat at my desk in my gray cube at the office. I eat a banana almost every day. I like them on the green side. I like to cut the stem with a knife and peel the skin carefully back so that there is no bruising. I don't like bruises on my bananas.

But this isn't about bruises, or peeling or even about green bananas. It's about the little Chiquita sticker which inexplicably caught my eye. I was reminded to a time when I was little and how my sister, brothers and I would love to peel the Chiquita sticker off and stick it on ourselves. Why we got such joy out of the sticker, I don't know, but we did. And why this particular memory came back today, I don't know, but it did. So I did the only thing I could think of to preserve it, I took a crummy picture of it.

And that was picture number one.






































The second picture? The one I was going to post? It was just a lame shot of the gray day as I waited in line at Costco for gas. That one is getting deleted.

No comments:

Post a Comment