Friday, May 25, 2012

Moving Day

Last day in our office at work. We're moving to the big times, the 12th floor across from the South Coast Plaza where I'll have an office, with a view. In remembrance, our CEO spray painted these words on the wall



I know this is going to sound lame, but I was so inspired the whole day by those words. I wanted to go and sign my name in a commitment to my co-workers, my customers, my CEO. I also know it's no comparison, but I thought about the Declaration of Independence and what gave it meaning and purpose. It wasn't just the words that Thomas Jefferson so eloquently crafted, but it was also the signatures of the men who were willing to put their lives on the line by signing the document.

It is in our signature and our written word that we can be held accountable. While I wasn't put in such perilous situation, I wanted so badly to sign that wall. To hold myself accountable, to make a commitment.

No comments:

Post a Comment