Saturday, March 31, 2012

Knowing that next week I'm only working on Monday made Saturday morning coffee even more relaxing.






































Earlier this week I planned to go out specifically to take some pictures. Even though the weather wasn't cooperating, I wasn't going to let that stop me. After I cleaned up my room, I packed up my camera, iPad and iPod and headed for Ventura.






































I ended up in an area of Ventura I hadn't been before. It was drizzling on my way up the 101, but the clouds had cleared by the time I arrived at the beach. There were others out and about enjoying themselves too. Enough to give me a sense of security, but not so many that I felt impeded.













































































































































































































After walking around and taking pictures for a better part of an hour, I drove to Main Street with the intention of hanging out there until the golden hour.






































I took this picture by mistake. For some reason I like it.














































After lunch and coffee, I went back to the beach. It wasn't quite the golden hour and the clouds were starting to thicken up. After sitting in my car for about 15 minutes, I decided that the conditions weren't going to be worth the wait so I headed back home. I noticed this neon sign on the way to Ventura and made a note to myself to stop on the back back and take some pictures of it. I missed the exit and almost kept going, but told myself it was now or never so I pulled off on the next exit and back tracked. So glad I did!



But hands down, the best part of the day was hanging out with my baby girl. She spent the day at home watching tv and texting friends so she was ready for some company by the time I got home. Mom and I went to dinner while Brie stayed at home baking brownies. We were watching a movie when she got a text from a friend telling her to come over as some of their mutual friends were at her house. Even though we were having a good time, I encouraged her to go.




This one was in a playful mood so I took over for Brie as she got ready to go to Sierra's.



No comments:

Post a Comment