Thursday, November 15, 2012

Getting Impatient

Maybe it was the clouds, maybe it was the hope that I would wake up this morning feeling even better than the night before (it wasn't to be), but my spirit took a bit of a drop this morning. I did not want to go to that place I was on Monday morning. Thankfully, the day improved and even though the sun never came out and I didn't get my walk, there was still plenty to make me smile.

It was Max's 2nd birthday today. It seems like such a long time ago when I was in Dallas, crying because I knew I wouldn't be there for his birth. Now, here he is looking more like a little boy than a baby.



Being thankful that I sleep good each night.

Being thankful for a warm shower that soothed my back.

Being thankful for a crispy apple with a dollop of peanut butter (yum).



Being thankful for our little Belle who keeps me company throughout the day

Being thankful that another cousin of my mom is praying for me

Being thankful that I felt well enough to go to the praise service tonight. It always lifts me up.



































These are the types of things I need to focus on, otherwise I get impatient. I want each day to be better than the day before. I know it's not always going to work like that. I know I need to take it just one day at at time, but sometimes my mind runs ahead of itself. Sometimes, I hate going to bed at night because I hate that I seem to have taken a step backwards, physically, when I first wake up.

I have to remember that at the start of the week, I was gasping in pain with the steps that I took and now I'm not. That's a good thing. I just want more.

No comments:

Post a Comment