Monday, November 12, 2012

Get to It

I woke up this morning as I do most mornings, full of hope. Hope that this would be the day that I get up from bed and walk like normal.

It was not to be.

For a while I was convinced that the new meds were once again affecting my kidneys. By 9am I was teary-eyed. As I was getting into the shower mom was trying to talk to me and I tried not to snap back a response. It was only 9am and I was tired, discouraged, worn out.

But then a wonderful thing happened. She asked me if I wanted prayer. "Yes', I exclaimed. She wrapped her arms around me and prayed. Prayed for mercy, prayed for healing, prayed for comfort. I wish I could say that when she let go, I stood up tall and strong, but I didn't. What I had, however, was peace.

By lunchtime I was feeling well enough to take a walk. It was cool and clear outside. Just perfect weather. My steps were slow, but not too painful. I had my praise song playing in my ear. I listened as I  thanked God.

That I could still go outside and walk
For the perfect weather
For my mom's prayers that morning
For my iPhone with a camera

I decided that one of my problems has been that I've been waiting....waiting to live or waiting to die. It was time to just live. And with that I took a few pictures.


















































































































No comments:

Post a Comment