Saturday, May 11, 2013

2013/219 - 224

Work got the best of me this last week, starting first thing Monday morning, but I did fight back as best I could. Even before my alarm went off, I could hear the beating of the rain outside my window. I contemplated the pros/cons of driving in to the office as I originally planned. In the end, the cons outweighed the pros, but all that meant was more time for me to actually do what I'm paid to do....work. While I was doing that, Brie was working on her final essay for her writing class. It was a long night.






































There was no excuse not to go into on Tuesday, which made for a long, long ride home.






































Wednesday, it felt like the week would never end, but I was determined to leave work no later than 3:30pm, after all, I had worked Sunday, late on Monday and Tuesday AND I had a after work date with my daughter.






































Thursday was Day 3, Cycle 5 and my chem port decided to not to cooperate. I pouted when the nurse told me I was going to have to have an IV as they tried to figure out what was up with the port. It took three tries before he got a good stick. I tried hard not to be a baby about it, but I did feel a bit like a pin cushion.






































At last Friday came. I ended the work week much like Monday, ignoring my alarm at 5am and deciding to work from home again. I was online by 6:30am and didn't even think about taking a break until after noon. The best part of the day? Seeing Ashley and family as they made a pitstop for the night. It felt good to relax a little before the kiddies arrived.







No comments:

Post a Comment