Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Way I See It

Part of the reason for my depression has been the fact that I haven't really had the inclination to go out shooting. Every day I ache, ache to do something. But every day I lay here on the sofa, like Mrs. Couch Potato Head unable to scrounge up the energy to grab my camera and head out.

My phone has been the last tie I have to any creativity and even that has been minimal.

In many ways this hiatus is a good thing. It's allowed me to focus on God. It's allowed me to more faithfully read His Word every day. It's allowed me to think about the pictures I was taking and question why I took them. Following the crowd? Following the light?

Looking forward to my up-coming travel, hoping I feel inspiration again. Because yesterday was the first day I felt somewhat energetic. Today I actually went out after work. No, I didn't go out shooting, but I went out. And I'm not exhausted. It felt so good to be driving home at sunset, enjoying the beauty of the evening. I'm so looking forward to the change of the weather so I can head out to the beach.

The way I see it, despite the longing I feel, I think this has been a good thing. But I also hope this is coming to and end.


No comments:

Post a Comment