Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Hope

This is the place I have come to hate and love. I hate that I have to spend so much time here. I love the caring nature of all who work here. Here you'll see a range of emotion, the still stunned, frightened faces of those who are new to the whole thing, the resigned looks of those who know the drill and the shining smiles of those who have hope or have been given good news.

I took this picture in black and white at the very beginning of my appointment. It shows the melancholy I was feeling as I waited for the doctor, afraid of what he might say.



His words gave me hope. It's not time for Chemo yet. And even if it were, we can still beat this back. I will regain my strength. I am praying that the new meds work. I'm not ready to go back to this.



But I will if I have to. My hair is nothing compared to my life.



By the time I left, hope was springing in me. I am strong in the Lord. I trust in Him. I will praise Him in the Storm. 


No comments:

Post a Comment