Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Real Life

I've been struggling creatively for several months now. The beginning of the year started off so promising. The world was my canvas. I couldn't take enough pictures. I was writing every day. Sure it was fluff, but it was a start and I knew, just knew, that it was going to be a springboard to something more.

It helped that I was out and about almost every evening, coming home, staying up late, processing my photos and writing my dreams. Now it's all a struggle. I rarely write, nothing really inspires me. Every day I start the day with big plans and every night I make excuses. I long to be inspired. I long to have something to photograph. I long to write. 

I read something the other day that stirred something within me. It made me think of the photos I loved as a child. They were glimpses of our life. Things that were, that will not be again because things change. They always change. 

Yesterday, we didn't drink water from plastic bottles. Now it's a common occurrence. When in the world did that happen? Why in the world has it happened?





































I have a feeling that one day these may be a thing of the past too. There are all aspects I love about photography, but the one I love best is when it shows us real life.


No comments:

Post a Comment