Friday, September 28, 2012

Keep Shining on Me

Don't know if it was the panic attack I think I had on Tuesday or knowing of the assault on several people by a homeless woman near our office, but Austin didn't hold quite the same magic for me this second time around. So glad I stayed at the Omni even if I learned two days later that our CEO issued an edict that we were no longer to stay there. At least I can honestly say, I never got that memo.

My strength came back in time for my flight to Jackson which was a good thing because the flight to DFW was over 45 minutes late. Not a good thing when the connecting time was only an hour in the first place.






































The tram going in the direction which I needed to go wasn't working which meant an extra 10 minutes riding in the loop from terminal C to terminal B.

Thankfully, I was able to move at a decent pace. I arrived at my departing gate just as they were making the last call for me. I was told in no uncertain terms that I needed to hurry as though it was my fault that I arrived there just 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time. That didn't stop me from clicking my camera one more time before I stepped into the plane.

The rest of the trip could not have been easier. We landed a little early. There were no lines at the car rental counter. My bag was one of the first on the belt and I was able to pull it off, all by myself.

Driving west towards Vicksburg was easier than I remembered.

The setting sun did not disappoint.

Of course as I exited the highway for the last leg of my journey, I had to stop at Sonic to get my fix.

It did my heart good to see family at the end of the day.












No comments:

Post a Comment