Tuesday, September 25, 2012

First You're Up, Then You're Down

I learned about Maslow's Theory of the Hierarchy of Needs in grade school, maybe Junior High. Here in the United States, we don't give this a lot of thought and most of us live in the upper pyramids. We take for granted food, water, shelter. When I was in the fight for my life, I was deeply cognizant of the fact that I was now living in the bottom of the pyramid.

I had just bought my bug and I could care less about it. The new camera and lens that went with it seemed such a waste. Every set back takes me back to that feeling. Today was one of those days. 

After feeling so strong yesterday, I struggled through most of the day. Not until this evening did I finally venture out. 



My heart wasn't into it, but I made myself head out.



It's the thing I hate the most about feeling this way...the loss of creativity. 



I want it back. One day. One day.

No comments:

Post a Comment