Monday, February 11, 2013

2013/40-41 My Kind of Weekend

It was my kind of weekend. I love, love, love waking up to crisp, cold sunny mornings, especially on a Saturday when I don't have much to do.

I made major, major headway in cleaning my room. Not the kind of clean where no sooner than you say you're finished then the room somehow looks exactly like it did before you started, but the kind of clean where tough decisions are made about what to keep and what to get rid of. Moving methodically from one corner of the room, helped a lot, too.

Brie was home for most of the day and I was in such a good mood that I brought her up both breakfast and lunch in bed. Man, was I feeling NICE!






































It was such a good day that I went to bed, looking forward to another day of the same.

While Sunday was good enough, it didn't quite measure up to Saturday. That's probably because I didn't make it to church (bad, bad girl!). I finally made an appointment to get my hair cut. $74.00 later and as Brie put it, it doesn't look any different. I felt cheated.

I was secretly hoping to talk Brie into going to Union Station with me, but it was cold and drearier than Saturday so she just wanted to go back home. The rest of the day was low key. Brie and I ended up watching The Words which I enjoyed tremendously. It really spoke to me, especially the part where the old man said something that it was wrong that he loved his words more than the woman he professed to be writing about.






No comments:

Post a Comment