Monday, December 3, 2012

With My Whole Heart

Two weeks ago, I would have given anything to see my oncologist. I needed relief and even though I knew that simply seeing the doctor wouldn't bring it, I was grasping at anything I could. Today, I drove to the medical facility with a much different attitude.

Thankfully, I'm getting around better. Thankfully, my spirits are up.

On my way, I saw this poor little slug bug who appeared to be feeling much as I was two weeks ago.






































As I trudged (and believe me I trudged) my way from the parking garage to the oncology department, I saw this as a message from God that I would have good news.






































And good news it was. My CA27-29 counts went down almost 400 points. My blood sugar levels were good. My cholesterol was good. My bone scan didn't show any new activity or significant changes.

Tonight, cookies are being baked to the sound of blaring music and girls singing along at the top of their lungs.






































I was allowed to go downstairs and take a few pictures. My heart is filled with the spirit of the Lord and  is overjoyed.






































Let ALL that I am praise the Lord;
with my WHOLE heart, I will praise his holy name.
Let ALL that I am praise the Lord;
may I never forget the good things he does for me.
He forgives all my sins
and heals all my diseases
Psalm 103:1-3

No comments:

Post a Comment