Thursday, August 23, 2012

Let There Be Light

It was a gloomy drive to work and on top of that, I spilled coffee on my white pants all because I didn't listen to that little voice of mine telling me not to use my cute but curvy cup from Venice.

I was afraid that I would come home to be a bump on the log since I didn't get a good night's sleep last night so I headed off to lunch with my laptop in hand hoping to do a little writing. I was disappointed to learn upon arrival that my laptop had no charge left in the battery and I didn't bring my power cord.

Still, it was a good day at work, but there wasn't a shot worth taking until I pulled up to a gorgeous yellow school bus on the drive home. It was the perfect golden yellow, clean and shiny. At first I thought I was on the wrong side of the sun, but I couldn't resist. I framed up my phone, click. Inched my car up a bit, click. Inched it up again and that's when I saw it...the perfect light, click. I was just getting ready to take another shot when the light changed.

No matter, I thought I got the shot. As I crossed the intersection, I suddenly remembered that I had changed the "film" on my phone to B&W. I was deflated. There was no way B&W could capture the look I was hoping for.

As I drove into the garage, I saw my redemption. The light was streaming onto the console of my mom's car. Oh, so lovely!






































My first photo of the bus, proved I was right. B&W ruined it.






































But then redemption...while it was different than I imagined when I took the shot, I still love it.


No comments:

Post a Comment