Monday, June 17, 2013

2013/259 & 260 Just the Way That It Is

It should have been a day of celebration. That's what made it so hard. I didn't mind at all for me. I'm old enough to know how to deal with disappointment. I knew if we got out of the house, sought the sunshine, felt the wind in our hair that our hearts would be lifted, but she wasn't interested in getting out.  As much as I wanted to grab her and go anyway, I also knew that sometimes you just have to lick your wounds, cry a little and allow time to heal your soul.






































And just when I thought the night would be a loss, too, she smiled in spite of the hurt. That's how I know it's going to be okay.

Bone scan today. I struggle driving to the medical center when it's my week off chemo. I've been in a little more pain than normal for the past few days so I guess it's a good thing that I went. 



That's just the way it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment